Re: Rebecca's Garden and white trumpets

From: CALIFCARN@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 03 1999 - 15:33:10 PST

Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 18:33:10 EST
From: CALIFCARN@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Rebecca's Garden and white trumpets

Greetings folks, Peter here at California Carnivores:
      Someone mentioned they saw dried white trumpets on a recent episode of
Rebecca's Garden. Ironically, I recall when they were out here filming last
year, she mentioned something about having used them (perhaps for that
episode) and Marilee gave Rebecca quite a lecture about it, which Rebecca was
happy to receive and vowed to change her ways. By the way, the producer called
last week and said the episode on California Carnivores was to air in April or
May and hopefully they'll let us know the exact date before it happens. The
producer mentioned she was pulling her hair out because she had hours of tape
to condense into one of those miniscule 6 minute segments. Oh well.......
      On March 20 (Saturday) I'll be giving a little slide show and talk at 6
pm at the San Francisco Garden Show at the Cow Palace. We use to display and
sell plants there but no longer do that since the show is now too early in the
season for us. The show use to be in late April.
      I've also been asked to give a chit chat to the American Association for
the Advancement of Science, which is having a mega meeting in San Francisco
this summer. They want a "fun" talk to take the scientists minds off of all
the heavy duty stuff they usually have at this meeting, and apparently The
Savage Garden was passed around last year when they were organizing this
event, and they decided to ask me. Ironically, I've had philosophical
differences with the AAAS in the past (I am not a member nor have any
association with them, but do try and follow what they do, having a general
interest in science) but I am certainly flattered, and in fact flabbergasted,
that they have asked me to speak to them. Should be fun.
     Th-th-th-th-that's all folks! Peter