Re: N. merrilliana

From: Richard Brown (esoft@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sun Feb 21 1999 - 19:23:37 PST

Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 22:23:37 -0500
From: "Richard Brown" <esoft@ix.netcom.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: N. merrilliana

Thanks for the input, folks.

Tom, your detailed description of N. merrilliana natural habitat was
fascinating and verified the lowland nature of this species, and Mark's
description of tuberous Drosera grown in a laterite mix also helped. I have
located an aquarium supplier who sells laterite for freshwater aquatic
plants, but before using it, I want to make sure there are no fertilizer
additives. Right now is not a good time to repot due to winter conditions.
In another couple of months I'll go for broke and try a laterite mix.
Tonight the expected low is about 48 F, so the heater goes on to keep the
temp above 55 F. Even at this temp., I don't think N. merrilliana will be
very happy.

Trent Meeks
Pompano Beach, Florida