Re: Medical uses of CP

From: Chris Hind (chind@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 19 1999 - 22:59:51 PST

Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 22:59:51 PST
From: "Chris Hind" <chind@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Medical uses of CP

>Dear Sam and all,
>Unsubstantiated claims about non-licensed drugs which have no
>biologically plausible mechanism of action are very common and
>repeating
>them leads to the danger of lending a spectre of truth to claims of
>efficacy (which probably is limited to increasing the bank balance >of
>the prescribing clinic/doctor). If there are any randomised, double
>blind, placebo controlled trials of the use of Carnivora which
>demonstrate its efficacy I would be very interested but until then >its
best to leave quackery well alone. Not only will the use of unproven
>drugs endanger the lives of patients it will also endanger >the
survival
>of the CPs from which the drug is made.

>Richard

Oh geez, comeon. You're taking things farrr too seriously. If people
choose to try it and get sick thats their problem. Each person takes
responsibility for his/her actions. Don't censor or withhold information
that may potentially if unlikely have some validity. No offense, but I
believe i speak for many many people on the net when i say I dont want
you or anyone else making up my mind for me. I dont need to be protected
from myself. I agree it looks pretty quack to me as well but this whole
thing reminds me of the time back in highschool where my science teacher
told me not to tell people in class how they could look at the partial
eclipse that was occurring because they might do it wrong and blind
themselves. This may sound harsh but theres this thing called evolution
which has been going on for millions of years and I'm a big believer in
it.