poll on conference in 2000

From: Davidogray@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 20:09:11 PST

Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 23:09:11 EST
From: Davidogray@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: poll on conference in 2000

All readers of this list,
I need your response to a question that has come up in the planning process
for the ICPS Conference in the year 2000. We have the option of holding the
conference in May or in June. May is better for the viewing of Darlingtonia
and Pinguicula flowers in their native sites. June is better for many people
in academia. The conference will be held in San Francisco at the Fort Mason
Center on San Francisco Bay. The projected cost for the conference is about
$95 US. There are many hotels in that area for between $70 and 90 a night; as
well, there is a hostel on the grounds of the Fort.
So I am conducting kind of a poll.
I need to know how many people definitely will come only if the conference is
held June 17,18,19 2000, and how many will come definitely only if the
conference is held May 19,20,21 2000. If you definitely plan to come no
matter whichever of the two dates respond with " either ". If you're not sure
yet if you will be able to come, don't respond yet.
Please send your responses as and e-mail to me at
Davidogray@aol.com
in the subject field put
June 19,20,21 2000 or
May 17,18,19 2000 or
either
you don't need to put anything but an x in the body of the message; its very
helpful to our planning process if everyone who reads this responds RIGHT AWAY
if they are planning on attending -- even if you live in the area.
Thanks very much in advance,
and Cheers,
David