Re: store these seeds for 2 years?

From: Dave (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Fri Feb 12 1999 - 20:45:00 PST

Date:    Fri, 12 Feb 99 23:45 EST
From: Dave                                 <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: store these seeds for 2 years?

Dear Chad,

> unexpectedly I may be away from home for about 2 years,
>
> Malaysian Nepenthes, mostly highland and one lowland

   These are fairly short lived.

> Mexican Pings, 3 need a dormancy and 2 don't need it
> Australian Drosera caduca, paradoxa

   I can't be sure but these may live, if kept refridgerated.

> Sarracenia purpurea ssp. purpurea

   You can refridgerate these for sure.

> Maybe, if I can't store them, I'll plant them in a
> closed terrarium. Does Sarracenia need a dormancy while
> it is young? I thought of trading the seeds but that
> would give me more plants or seeds- not what I want.

   Chad, given the circumstance, I would just give the seeds to
those who want, and ask for some more later. I'd be sure to send
the short-lived seeds to a seed bank or friens and keep the
long-lived stuff the fridge.

DAve Evans