Re: Aristolochia debilis

From: Guy Van der Kinderen (Guy.VanDerKinderen@rug.ac.be)
Date: Thu Feb 11 1999 - 07:21:25 PST

Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 16:21:25 +0100
From: "Guy Van der Kinderen" <Guy.VanDerKinderen@rug.ac.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Aristolochia debilis

Dear Tom,

> Im hope someone has this plant or seed.
> What is it and were does it grow ?
> I heard about it , is it carnivorous ?

Aristolochia debilis (note spelling) is not a carnivorous plants, but
it may catch insects for pollination, as many (all?) other
Aristolochia do. I heard about this species from the Botanic Garden
here, and I would not be surprised if they have this species to. I
think it originates from China. I will take a look and contact you in
private. (I hope you are not confusing with Nepenthes
aristolochioides which, of coarse, is carnivorous.)

Kind regards,

Guy Van der Kinderen
University of Gent