Re: Cultivar Registration

From: Dave (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Thu Feb 04 1999 - 18:58:00 PST

Date:    Thu, 04 Feb 99 21:58 EST
From: Dave                                 <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Cultivar Registration

Congratulations Barry and Jan!

> At the ICPS Website (http://www.carnivorousplants.org) we have set up an
> area where you can download the Cultivar Registration Form, and an example
> of a completed form.
>
> You can also learn a little more about what a cultivar is, what a
> cultivar-group is, etc. Developing these forms with Jan has been a
> definite learning experience for me!

   This is really great news, I beleive this will help a lot of
growers understand and use cultivars instead of bogus names. I'll
be sure to refer this site to anyone who has plant(s) they feel should
have be named.

   On this note, Tom Hayes, I think we have more than a couple
interesting plants between the two of us. Let's see about naming
them, instead of just talking about like we have been! ;^)

Dave E