S.Oreophila seeds

From: Napolitano, Michael (Michael.Napolitano@bactc.com)
Date: Wed Feb 03 1999 - 15:33:01 PST

Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 15:33:01 -0800
From: "Napolitano, Michael" <Michael.Napolitano@bactc.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: S.Oreophila seeds

     Hi All!
        I've decided to de-lurk to ask for the sage wisdom of the group. I
have a few S. Oreophila seeds given to me by the good folks at Peter
D'amato's California Carnivores last September. They have been sitting in
the fridge in a waterproof plastic bag since then. I would like to try to
get them started soon. What advice can anyone give me on the best way to get
a good germination rate. What is the best medium? More or less water in
infancy? Any preferred ways to start them, or just stick 'em in the peat?
They will be growing in San Francisco, so the threat of frost is pretty nil.
Any advice is much appreciated, and hopefully will help bring more of these
wonderful plants into the world.
        _Mike Napolitano