RE: Scale

From: Mark Pogany (markp@en.com)
Date: Mon Feb 01 1999 - 22:04:13 PST

Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 01:04:13 -0500
From: "Mark Pogany" <markp@en.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Scale

I have found that wp Orthene works. It is better than malathion, soap, or
pyrethrin (sp?) alternatives. Obviously, gotta be careful.

Tom in Fl.

To second Tom's advice I would also recommend Orthene. Experience has shown
me that it works well, is easy on most CPs, and continues to ward off pests
long after it is applied. It smells to high heaven so use in an enclosed
tank setup could be problematic! Use gloves and a face mask when applying
it.

Mark Pogany
Cleveland, Ohio
markp@en.com