Nepenthes and Drosera

From: William M. Gorum, Jr. (wgorum@softdisk.com)
Date: Sun Jan 31 1999 - 00:13:44 PST

Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 02:13:44 -0600
From: "William M. Gorum, Jr." <wgorum@softdisk.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes and Drosera

Hello All!

For those of you who remember, I was recently given a tissue cultured
Nepenthes and Drosera spp. After shocking them several times due to my
own ignorance, they've both recovered. I am planning to set up a ten
gallon aquarium to house them in. I wanna run my plan by you to see
what y'all think.

Ten gallon tank, layer of medium sized gravel covering bottom, will keep
the plants' pots out of the standing water in the bottom, which will
keep the humidity level elevated. I plan on covering the tank with a
glass lid and I'm going to use three 18" flourescent tubes to light it.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a mil......
Will
wgorum@softdisk.com