Re: Ibicella lutea

From: Christensen (chrst@srv.net)
Date: Wed Jan 27 1999 - 23:20:27 PST

Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 00:20:27 -0700
From: "Christensen" <chrst@srv.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Ibicella lutea

>When I'm working in my greenhouse and I'm touching a carnivorous
>plant with enzymes (like Drosera and Pinguicula) than there
>appears (afer half an hour) red spots on my skin. I know for
>sure that the red spots are from the enzymes of my plants. The
>"strange" thing is that, when I touch an Ibicella, there also
>appears red spots on my skin...

Sam, maybe you have alergies?

I get red/white spots and itchy skin after
touching grass and many other plants.

However, I can't say it is impossible for enzymes
to cause similar skin problems. I don't have cps
that produce mucilage like a Ping or Drosera, yet.
So, I haven't had the oportunity to try that.