Ping Lusitanica

From: JWi5770869@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 23 1999 - 04:23:59 PST

Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 07:23:59 EST
From: JWi5770869@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Ping Lusitanica

Dear All,

>One of the things that's bothering me is that the plants are maybe 1 cm in
diameter. Is this the right size for luscitanica? They have never formed
winter buds (Should they?), and the leaves have always seemed to be very
curled.

As stated by others, this seems to be about the right size.
I can't comment on the growlights, as I've always grown mine in my cool
greenhouse and 'let nature take its course'....however....

What I would advise is that you make sure that you obtain some seed from your
plants.
Slack observed that the plant was a 'short lived perrenial' and this does
appear to be the case. I've never had any of my plants living longer than 2
years and as I , this year want to start growing it again, I've got to look
for some seed for it myself.

Does anybody know of any sellers of this seed ,apart from Allen Lowrie?

All the best

John Wilden
Southport
Lancs.