Re: moss and D. Aliciae

From: Carl Strohmenger (HSC) (cstrohme@com1.med.usf.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 19 1999 - 03:12:46 PST

Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 06:12:46 -0500 (EST)
From: "Carl Strohmenger (HSC)" <cstrohme@com1.med.usf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: moss and D. Aliciae

Moss growing around the base of a wetland plant can be a plus if it helps
to maintain a high humidity around the plant and keeps the soil from drying
out. It becomes a detriment when it grows so tall as to cover the plant and
keep sunlight from getting to the leaves. So, it is a mixed bag. Keep an
eye on it, and if it starts to adversely affect the D. aliciae, then you
can start to control it.
- Carl