Re: warm weather temperate CPs

From: Stefan Ploszak (imduff@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 17 1999 - 14:40:28 PST

Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 14:40:28 PST
From: "Stefan Ploszak" <imduff@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: warm weather temperate CPs

>The only other way that I could think of trying would be to bury >some
large gauge aquarium tubing in your pots / boxes, connect the >tubing to
a small, submersible, aquarium pump and have the pump in a >large,
cooled sump (there are various ways to cool the sump), with >the return
end of the pipe returning to the sump.

  For me I have a hard time finding an effective method to cool the
water into the 50s when the outside temps are in the 80s. Especially a
cost effective method.
  In nature the plants are found bathing in very cool(50s) spring water.
Under those conditions the plants thrive and grow prolifically.

>Please note that this is only an IDEA ,I've NOT tried it out

I feel it could work well, but again, how could you cool the water so
much?

Stefan