Re: Warm weather temperate cp's

From: Carl Strohmenger (HSC) (cstrohme@com1.med.usf.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 15 1999 - 16:07:12 PST

Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 19:07:12 -0500 (EST)
From: "Carl Strohmenger (HSC)" <cstrohme@com1.med.usf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Warm weather temperate cp's

I haven't come across anyone in central Florida who has been able to keep
Darlingtonia alive outside of a refrigerated box! Some growers tell about
starting the seeds in cool conditions, and then allowing an ice block to
melt and drip onto/into the soil around the plant, but eventually they miss
a scheduled ice renewal and the plants are gone. I have never tried it
myself.
- Carl