Heliamphora pitcher distortion

From: Angie Nichols (helias@sccoast.net)
Date: Wed Dec 30 1998 - 23:23:12 PST

Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 23:23:12 -0800
From: Angie Nichols <helias@sccoast.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Heliamphora pitcher distortion

Hi Cliff. When you say "pitcher distortion" would that include the
plant that has a pitcher that the flaring end folds backwards upon
itself? That happened to a new pitcher on a plant that I moved to a
tank with a sodium vapor light. Never had that happen before. This was
on a hetero x nutans. The only other Heli I had growing under that
light is tatei and it has big, normal pitchers. I wonder if it was
caused by the change of type of light or heat or both? Angie SC