D. petiolaris Complex

From: Dionaea@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 29 1998 - 05:17:48 PST

Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 08:17:48 EST
From: Dionaea@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: D. petiolaris Complex

Hi all,
I just saw a posting by Matt (Hi, Matt) about photos of species in the Drosera
petiolaris complex and Rich's (Hi, Rich) reminder of photos in CPN (19:3&4)
and CPN (20:4). It seems that I have been out of touch with Drosera for a
while and didn't realize that Lowrie's discoveries were described with
official names. I checked the database and could not find cross references to
invalid names. I would appreciate it if someone could help me and tell me
what the correct names of the following species below are. Thanks to Rich I
know what the first one is. Matt mentioned some other names and I assume that
they belong below but which is which? Thanks for the help.

D. petiolaris aff. 'Kununurra' = D. paradoxa
D. petiolaris aff. 'Erect' =
D. petiolaris aff. 'Medium Rosette' =
D. petiolaris aff. 'Mini Rosette' =
.
It appears that the same thing happened with some Byblis. What are correct
names of the following Byblis?

B. liniflora aff. 'Kununura' =
B. liniflora aff. 'Darwin' =

Thanks for the clarification.