alastair's nep + bruce's question (N. antaranbangsa)

From: Olivier Marthaler (o.marthaler@eurospan.com)
Date: Mon Dec 28 1998 - 08:52:23 PST

Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 17:52:23 +0100
From: Olivier Marthaler <o.marthaler@eurospan.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: alastair's nep + bruce's question (N. antaranbangsa)

Dear Alastair, Bruce and everybody,

Happy Christmas and New Year!

How long ago was CP Digest 1621 ? Just don't want to think about it!

Sorry for not reacting sooner: work and a baby-girl plus sowing TWO NEW
HIGHLAND PEPENTHES SPECIES FROM THE PHILIPPINES we discovered this
summer have kept me quite busy lately!!!

(BTW: seedlings will be abailable next summer!)

Now about serious matters: Alastair, concerning the cutting you gave me
in 1995 which you mentioned in your mail of 4th November, of course, it
is still thriving in my lowland terrarium. First the cutting grew like
wild and after maybe a couple of months it almost died... Fortunately it
survived and has been growing well, though slower than when I got it,
ever since. I think this plant would like cooler nights than I'm
supplying it with (approx 23\260C). Days can get as high as 30\260C.

So I'm very proud to grow this rare variety... have you made it clearer
what species/variety it is?

Wishing you two and everybody around all the best for '99,

Cheers

OL