Re: 'Red Piranah' Flytrap

From: milwiron@btprod.com
Date: Thu Dec 24 1998 - 05:38:12 PST

Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 07:38:12 -0600
From: milwiron@btprod.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: 'Red Piranah' Flytrap

At 09:14 PM 12/22/98 -0800, Chris wrote:
>I have the 'Red Piranah' cultivar which has solid blood-red traps and
>teeth like shark which are even sharper than dentata. Many plants
>available. Trade ONLY.

And in part:

M. Burack wrote:
>I do not need the "red piranah" flytrap but I have been looking for the
>following:
>-The "tiger" flytrap which is hairy and has brown and yellow spots on it.
>-The "zebra" flytrap which has black and white stripes with a horses mane
>going down the petiole.
>Hey if we are just going to make up fictitious names, why stop at "red
>piranah") :-)
>Marc I. Burack

LOL!
Let me try...
There's a CP considered a nuisance weed by collectors who simply enjoy the
hobby and their plants with little regard for perfection.
It grows without warning, sprouting off worthless tendrils of insecure,
crabby growth. Of little help other than a misguided jab to insult others,
it will continually whine if surrounding subjects don't meet self appointed
standards of excellence.
Commonly called The Large Mouth Burack VFT...
watch out for it in your garden. :-)

I'm going to tend my plants now, don't know all the correct names, don't
know most of the incorrect names, don't really give a flying F.
Somehow I'll manage to enjoy them despite these adversities.
My advice Chris is to enjoy the hobby at the level that keeps it
interesting and fun for you. Good luck with your garden.
Denny