VFT dormancy

From: Susan Farrington (sfarrington@ridgway.mobot.org)
Date: Thu Dec 17 1998 - 23:18:49 PST

Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 07:18:49 +0000
From: "Susan Farrington" <sfarrington@ridgway.mobot.org>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: VFT dormancy

> I grow a pot of VFTs out on my porch and last winter I put them in my
> garage where the temps got around 40F (4C). However, I've lost my nice
> garage and have no cool place to winter them. I live in Kansas City,

Why not put the VFT's in the fridge when it is super cold
outside? Then you can just put them back outside when the
temperatures moderate. I'm sure that they get warmer days in the
winter in their native habitats, but the dryness and warmth of a 70
degree house would probably be too much for them.

Susan Farrington
Missouri Botanical Garden