tried systemic insecticide?

From: Christensen (chrst@srv.net)
Date: Sat Dec 12 1998 - 22:39:15 PST

Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 23:39:15 -0700
From: "Christensen" <chrst@srv.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: tried systemic insecticide?

There's been a lot of talk about insecticides and
pests in carnivorous plants. I would love to hear
about a systemic insecticide that works without
harming the cp.

I've used this: Hi-Yield Di-Syston(R) Systemic
Insecticide Granules. The active ingredient is
Disulfoton.

I'm not sure it is safe to use on VFTs but the bugs
never came back.

After, I applied the granules to the top of the VFTs
sand-peat mixture, I'm not sure but I think the VFTs
roots died as they absorbed the insecticide.

I've noticed a few insecticide products in stores
that have Disulfoton in them. Maybe I'll buy one
and test it on a VFT.

Disulfoton,
(0,0-Diethyl S-[2,(ethylthio)-ethyl] phosphorodithioate)
ACTIVE INGREDIENT 2%
INERT INGREDIENT 98%