Re: Gibberalic Acid

From: Dave (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Wed Dec 09 1998 - 19:54:00 PST

Date:    Wed, 09 Dec 98 22:54 EST
From: Dave                                 <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Gibberalic Acid

Dear Emre,

> I was wondering whether spraying my plants with diluted GA3 on a regular
> basis has any advantages on their growth, especially on young plants and
> seedlings. Of course, this would have to be done in Spring.
> Any suggestions?
> Best Regards,

   If you would consider it to your advantage for the plants to
grow extra long internodes, I guess so.... But why in the spring?
What plants are you referring to? And why would you want to wake
up many dormant buds and promote maleness?
   I that gibberillins are very dangerous to grasses, like wheat,
but I don't know what this sort of application might do to CP's

Confused,
Dave E