Re:Nepenthes Growth

From: Christer Berglund (christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se)
Date: Wed Dec 09 1998 - 13:48:47 PST

Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 22:48:47 +0100
From: Christer Berglund <christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:Nepenthes Growth

> > If the plant still will not
> >grow, I'm going to (as a last resort) nip off the "dormant" growing
> >point to see what will happen. Anyone tried that?
>
> I don't recommend it. Raffs can be a little picky about changes in the
> environment. Give it some time- six months may be needed- to acclimate. If
> you are growing under artificial light, increase your photoperiod.

Hi Trent,

I keep the plants under artificial light 14 hours/day. The problem plant
has been this way ever since I recieved it (Oct 1st). Maybe
transportation shock? The other six nepenthes started to grow soon after
arrival (although the macfarlanei was a bit slow in the start).

Anyway, I will follow your advice to leave the plant alone, and give it
more time to acclimatize.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

--