Pollen storage

From: John Scott (john_s@clear.net.nz)
Date: Sun Nov 15 1998 - 23:14:20 PST

Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 20:14:20 +1300
From: "John Scott" <john_s@clear.net.nz>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Pollen storage

Hi all

The New Zealand Carnivorous Plant Society has been trying to set up a pollen
bank for a while, it's difficult to get people to remember to collect it and
send it in so we have had limited success. Most of the pollen we do have is
Nepenthes pollen and we've found that it remains viable for at least 2 years
in an ordinary domestic freezer. We are now beginning to look at Sarracenia
pollen but as this is the first year we've tried it I can't give you any
info on this yet.

Kiwi John