Re: N. macrovulgaris

From: Johannes Marabini (Johannes.Marabini@t-online.de)
Date: Sat Nov 07 1998 - 08:55:54 PST

Date: Sat, 07 Nov 1998 17:55:54 +0100
From: Johannes.Marabini@t-online.de (Johannes Marabini)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: N. macrovulgaris

Hi Brian,

I think you can cultivate N. macrovulgaris cold and warm! I visited
the location more than 12 years ago and I saw N. macrovulgaris growing
together with N. tentaculata and N. stenophylla (fallax) at an
altitude of 800 meter! And it was rather hot during the day (nearly 38
deg. C). G. Silam is nearby the sea and therefore you have fog every
evaning ( and falling temperatures). I have my macrovulgaris in the
warmhouse and they do very well.

The plant mentioned in Kurata should be macrovulgaris. And as the
montain is far from the sea the plant will grow at a higher altitude!

Bye Johannes