Welcome Ian!

From: Mark Pogany (markp@en.com)
Date: Mon Nov 02 1998 - 13:08:39 PST

Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 16:08:39 -0500
From: "Mark Pogany" <markp@en.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Welcome Ian!

Ian wrote in CP Digest 1619:

Like so many enthusiasts my introduction to CP came in the form of a
string of plastic-cup venus flytraps, bought and promptly killed in an
ongoing orgy of black-thumbedness. Me and my childhood friend took out
every book in the library, wrote away to the nurseries, looked at the
glossy catalogues, and drooled over the pictures. We sent away for some
and continued to have little success

Welcome to the list Ian! Your first foray in "carnivorousness" sounds
familiar. One is not officially accepted until the first mandatory VFT gets
sent to that big bog in the sky.

Just for fun I'd like to get a thread going. This means all of us
 including the veteran growers who will not touch a CP unless it is named
rajah, lowii, regia, linearis, or aristolochioides). What was your first
memorable experience with CPs that led you onward into the hallowed halls of
cultivating flora of a higher realm?

Ian writes again:

my particular collectors joy is
the sort where you sit on a sunny day, looking at the million drops of
liquid on the Sundews and grinning like some sort of idiot.

Guilty as charged!!! I've done it. I wonder what Freud would've thought?

Mark Pogany
Willoughby Hills, Ohio

markp@en.com