Re: Clarke's book

From: CALIFCARN@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 28 1998 - 11:41:58 PST

Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 14:41:58 EST
From: CALIFCARN@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Clarke's book

Howdy folks, Peter here at California Carnivores. Just wanted to let ya'll
know that we are gradually upgrading our website californiacarnivores.com over
the next few weeks, thanks to the help of Craig Gardner and our new employee
Daniel Najjar, who will be helping to raise us from the level of cuneiform to
the fountain pen and beyond!
    The first new changes will finally be the addition of Carow's 1999
calendar as well as Clarke's great book, Nepenthes of Borneo. More changes
will be appearing over the months ahead, including updating our links and more
photos...
     Sorry I missed reporting the Evening Magazine ditty on us that appeared
in Northern California last week...but you didn't miss much, haha!
      Thankfully this dismal growing season is coming to a close. Byebye El
Nino! After a cold spring we suffered incredible heat several times in the
brief summer. Even the vineyards that surround us had a shriveled crop, with
40% loss. We're hoping for a "normal" winter, which would be refreshing.
     Th-th-th-that's all folks! Peter