Re: Re: Red blotches

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Mon Oct 26 1998 - 18:43:00 PST

Date:    Mon, 26 Oct 98 21:43 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Re: Red blotches

Dear List,

> I know that it sounds like a viable cause, but this happens in my terrarium
> as well (under flourescent grow lights), and I do not think that
> flourescents can be strong enough to cause "droplet" burn--(although I am
> unsure).
>
> >Is it possible it is just sunburn from water droplets on the leaves when
> >there is also direct sunlight on the leaves?

   First, could some one please confirm or dismiss this theory? I
for one have never seen any plants get burned from water drops (and
it doesn't even seem possible).
   Second, if it's not true, please people, stop telling others that
water droplets can burn plants! I recall being told about this many
times as a kid and I can't ever recall seeing any damage caused by
getting water on plants during the day. Have you?

DAve EVans