re: Home Depot Hybrids

From: Nicholas Plummer (nplummer@duke.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 26 1998 - 05:33:09 PST

Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 08:33:09 -0500
From: Nicholas Plummer <nplummer@duke.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re: Home Depot Hybrids

Trent Meeks wrote:
> The third plant mentioned is being sold as N. alata, which it most
> definitely is NOT. General consensus around here is that it is
> actually N. alata X N ventrata.

Hi Trent,

Did you really mean N. alata X N. Ventrata, or is it N. alata X N.
ventricosa? How would one tell the difference between those two
hybrids?

Either way, it's a great plant. It was my first Nepenthes and grew on
my windowsill in Michigan for several years. When I moved to North
Carolina, it was too big to pack in the car, so I took a small cutting.
Six months later, the cutting is fully rooted and producing pitchers on
my new windowsill :-)

What is it about the DeRoose nursery that makes them incapable of
labeling correctly?

cheers,
       Nick

Nicholas Plummer