New Nepenthes / introduction

From: Dr. Joachim Nerz (joachim.nerz@albatros.tue.bawue.de)
Date: Mon Oct 12 1998 - 14:18:17 PDT

Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 22:18:17 +0100
From: "Dr. Joachim Nerz" <joachim.nerz@albatros.tue.bawue.de>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: New Nepenthes / introduction

Hello everybody,

first I want to introduce myself:
my name is Joachim Nerz, and my heart is hanging especially at the
Nepenthaceae! Here, I am especially interested in taxonomy and
ecology!
I joined the CP-group until 3 years before, but had to stop it,
because of lack of time, due to my dissertation. Excuse me please,
if I have left several mails unreplied at this time!
I am propagating now approximately 50+ different species In
Vitro and I hope, it will help a little bit, to conserve some of the
most endangered species in nature, like N. clipeata, N.
aristolochioides, N. macrophylla and others, by making it available
for everybody from artificially propagated plants.

At a recent expedition to some remote parts of the Philippines, we
(a group of 5 Nepenthes enthusiasts) have found 3 yet undescribed
species of Nepenthaceae! If you are interested to have a look at it,
you can visit our homepage:

Carnivorous Plants in its habitats:
http://www.schwaben.de/home/schmidt/nepenthes/cpframes.html

The new species are marked with a green spot!

At our homepage we want to try to show you the beauty & diversity of
Nepenthaceae from photos, which we have made at several field-trips
to SE-asia in the last 15 years!

Have fun
Joachim

BTW:
Sorry please, due to intern agreements, I am not able to sell/trade
sterile cultures, but most of the species are available growing in
usual substrate;
further agreements to save the oftenly very tiny
Nepenthes-populations don't allow me, to give any
further informations about locations of Nepenthes.

Joachim Nerz
Arndtstr. 2
71032 B=F6blingen
Germany