RE: Snails & Flowers.

From: Len Trigg (trigg@cs.waikato.ac.nz)
Date: Mon Oct 12 1998 - 12:40:48 PDT

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 08:40:48 +1300 (NZDT)
From: Len Trigg <trigg@cs.waikato.ac.nz>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Snails & Flowers.

> Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 21:11:42 +0100
> From: BillSherren <william.sherren@ukonline.co.uk>
> Subject: Snails & Flowers..
>
> I notice that on my large Heliamphora Nutans which is now sending up =
> flower stalks, that on one flower stalk a full size pitcher is =
> developing !! Is this unusual, as its never occurred before?..

I've had it happen on my H. heterodoxa. At the time I wondered how
unusual it was likely to be. On my one, the flower sort of aborted
after a while, but that may not be related to the pitcher thing.

Cheers,
        Len.

---
 Len Trigg =========== http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~trigg/
 Computer Science Dept, University of Waikato, New Zealand
 PGP Public key http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~trigg/key.asc