VFT hybrid ?

From: Andrew Marshall (andrewm@eskimo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 07 1998 - 09:45:25 PDT

Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 09:45:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: Andrew Marshall <andrewm@eskimo.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: VFT hybrid ?

Hi All,

> (and therefore not heard of with Dionaea) or would a cross between two
> Dionaea clones (for example Red Dragon and Akai Ryu) be accurately called
> a hybrid? If not, what would it be called?

        If I remember right, Akai Ryu is registered by the Atlanta
Botanical Gardens, or Agristarts, or both. Wouldn't this make them
legitimate? Also, Akai Ryu and Red Dragon are the same thing. One is the
English translation of the other. In your example above, this would be
selfing essentially, even between two plants as they are all the same
clone, mass produced in TC.
        Best wishes
        Andrew