Re: queensland drosera

From: Andy Falshaw (A.Falshaw@irl.cri.nz)
Date: Tue Jan 02 2001 - 12:34:56 PST

Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 11:01:48 GMT+1200
From: "Andy Falshaw" <A.Falshaw@irl.cri.nz>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: queensland drosera

Robert Gibson wrote:
> Drosera schizandra, which is endemic to the Bellenden Ker range (south of
> Cairns....
> Apparently there is a location 3km away from a
> road which is accessible on foot.
This is probably the site that steve Jackson (you still there wacko?)
took me to in August 96, and that I wrote a report on at that time.
It was an easy walk, there were plenty of leeches and the odd snake.
The plants were mainly in shady areas, on clay banks. Whilst there
were some real big ones I don't remember any 30cm across.

Steve took some video that day, for a "cp chain video" that was being
done - did anything ever come of that?

Andy