Self-introduction and question

From: Francesc Maynou (maynouf@cucafera.icm.csic.es)
Date: Fri Oct 02 1998 - 01:26:46 PDT

Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 10:26:46 +0200
From: Francesc Maynou <maynouf@cucafera.icm.csic.es>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Self-introduction and question

Dear CP people,

I am new to this list and I would like to introduce myself. My interest in
CPs started a few months ago with a couple of Dioneas. Now I have plans to
build a terrarium and increase my collection with some pitcher plants. I've
been surfing the net for a couple of weeks and found the home pages of you
people most interesting and full with useful tips for beginners!

And here's my question: I was playing with the compost of my Dioneas
(perhaps I souldn't do that...) and I noticed 2 rather disgusting
earthworms inching through the peat. I am positive they must have come with
the peat (in larval or egg form?). Are they harmful/beneficial to my
plants? Should I remove them?

Thanks to anyone who can help with that

Regards,

Francesc

Dr. Francesc Maynou
Institut de Ciencies del Mar, CSIC Tel.: (34) 93.221.64.16 (ext. 216)
Pg. Joan de Borbo s/n Fax : (34) 93.221.73.40
08039-BARCELONA (Spain) e-mail: maynouf@icm.csic.es