N. sanguinea

From: Brandon L. Schanbacher (schanbacher.2@osu.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 28 1998 - 06:37:13 PDT

Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 09:37:13 -0400 (EDT)
From: schanbacher.2@osu.edu (Brandon L. Schanbacher)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: N. sanguinea

Does anyone know about the optimum conditions for N. sanguinea? I've had
mine for about 9 months, during which time it's barely grown. Yesterday I
decided to look at it more carefully and noticed that it has almost no roots
whatsoever. It's potted in the original mix I bought it in - looks like
perlite, sand, some peat, regular soil?, and a little vermiculite. It's
been housed in a terrarium with very high humidity and temps around 80+ F.
The plant itself appears healthy, but just hasn't grown much.

Also, can anyone give me some information about heliamphora sources and
growing conditions? Would they be suited to a terrarium?

Thanks in advance

brandon