Superthrive

From: John Green (HPJGREEN@ihc.com)
Date: Mon Sep 21 1998 - 07:57:07 PDT

Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 08:57:07 -0600
From: "John Green" <HPJGREEN@ihc.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:  Superthrive

This weekend I went looking around town for Superthrive, mostly out of
curiosity. I did find it and now I understand the tongue-in-cheek
comments about it on the CP FAQ. I could imagine the swindler from "The
Music Man" selling the product with all the amazing claims on the
package ("used by 5 U.S. departments to win WWII"?). I decided not to
buy it at the time since the plants should be going dormant soon.

But, when I got home, I found my long planter with all my prized CP had
tipped over and fallen on the ground. I suspect a cat pushed it over,
because the next morning I saw one tip the bird bath over right on top
of his head (what's with these cats lately?). I spent an hour salvaging
my plants and putting them back into the pot, almost watering them with
my tears. But now I'm wondering if Superthrive might help to
re-establish good roots on the plants? They weren't damaged too badly
(some pitchers were broken and the sundews are covered in dirt and
sand), and I tried to keep lots of soil around the roots, but they had
been in the sun for a few hours.

Also, do you Superthrive advocates water your plants with the stuff year
round? or should it be discontinued while they are dormant? I guess
I'm looking for anything that'll help ensure they'll survive and flower
next year.