Gypsicola dormancy.

From: VERDYCK Marc (VERDYCK.Marc@village.uunet.be)
Date: Wed Sep 16 1998 - 11:35:58 PDT

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 20:35:58 +0200
From: "VERDYCK Marc" <VERDYCK.Marc@village.uunet.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Gypsicola dormancy.

Hello,

This is how I cultivate my pinguicula gypsicola. I live in Belgium. The
climate here is very variating from sometimes very cold in winter to
moderate temperatures and from sometimes a few weeks of sun in the summer
till very cloudy and wet in summer. Summer is now running to his end here in
Belgium and my gypsicola is still flowering and has long leaves. At this
moment I keep the plants very moist. Now I'm waiting for the long leaves to
die off. When this starts I give less water. When the leaves are almost
disappeared I don't give them water any more and I let the medium dry out.
At this time the plant has formed very little and compact leaves. I don't
know how others do it but this is definitely the moment to share our
knowledge. Now I wait for the moment that the plant shows his first signs in
forming longer leaves again. Here in Belgium that's very variating
considering the ever varied climate. Now I start giving my plants water bit
by bit but not completely moist. When growth is going faster I keep my
plants completely moist. So it goes on year after year. Till the next time.

Regards,
Marc