Tap Water

From: Emre Gurcan (egurcan@superonline.com)
Date: Thu Sep 10 1998 - 12:41:36 PDT

Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 22:41:36 +0300
From: egurcan@superonline.com (Emre Gurcan)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Tap Water

Regarding the tap water discussion, I want to share my experience with the
list. I have been using tap water in Istanbul on my plants for almost 2
years without any problems. All my plants are quite healthy and the ones
that aren't are, in my opinion due to other factors such as higher light or
humidity requirements. One reason for this I believe is that the tap water
here is very soft (under 2 DH). And I also add some vinegar to make it
acidic (arounf 6.6 PH). I think as long as your tap water is soft, you won't
experience significant problems. Still, nothing beats clean rain water or RO
water. Plus, there is always a risk that some soft tap waters may include
harmful elements and it is best to have them tested in a lab for best
results.
Best Regards,

Emre