Re: Nepenthes care

From: David Falk (dave@sparrowarts.com)
Date: Wed Sep 09 1998 - 11:10:01 PDT

Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 11:10:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: David Falk <dave@sparrowarts.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:  Nepenthes care

On Wed, 9 Sep 1998 EMSplants@aol.com wrote:

> 2. Since Nepenthes need humidity and they are too large to put under a
> humidity dome, can they simply be spritzed with deionized water to simulate
> humidity? Or is it better to place the plant in a room with a humidifier?

Beth,

What I have found is tht Nepenthes are very flexible on their
humidity requirements. I keep my Nepenthes in my windowsill
where the humidity is quite low and they do very well. I have
found that Nepenthes I have to be very easy to take care of.
I usually flush them with distilled water in the morning and
give them a spritz in the afternoon. I've found Nepenthes much
more flexible on humidity than other CPs such as VFTs. I've
found that VFT will not thrive in a windowsill without high
humidity (ie humidity dome).

Dave.

--
David Falk                       Sparrow Arts URL http://www.SparrowArts.com