Re: Tap water consequences

From: ems@lucent.com
Date: Wed Sep 09 1998 - 01:14:21 PDT

Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 09:14:21 +0100
From: ems@lucent.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:  Tap water consequences

Hello, Miguel,

I've tried tap water on a Drosera Capensis. The result is a short,
stubby plant, with very little dew on the tentacles, and poor colouring.
(Note: that's only a sample of one plant, so hardly a scientific study).
It didn't die.

I've also used water from a well on my plants. The Drosera Capensis plants all
did well, as did the Sarracenias. My VFTs died, and my D. Binata leaves all
died. The D. Binata recovered almost immediately when they got rain water.
I won't do that again!

Regards

Edwin SPector
Bath, UK.