bog garden creation

From: Scott Mcphee (hyphae@email.msn.com)
Date: Mon Sep 07 1998 - 01:01:54 PDT

Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 01:01:54 -0700
From: "Scott Mcphee" <hyphae@email.msn.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: bog garden creation

I am attempting to create a small bog garden in my backyard. I live in
Northern California and would like to know when the best time to install it
would be. Should I plant it over the winter when they are dormant, or wait
till spring when new growth has begun?

I have never created one of these before, and would appreciate any input you
folks can give. I am thinking right now of simply digging out the form and
covering it with heavy duty plastic, then filling it with a mix of peat and
perlite. I have a local source of RO for water during the summer.

I am looking for any info, suggestions, or experiences you could share to
give me ideas and bost my confidence. I could not find anything on the net.

Many thanks,

Scott Mcphee