SS Project Setback

From: JWi5770869@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 06 1998 - 08:57:35 PDT

Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 11:57:35 EDT
From: JWi5770869@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: SS Project Setback

Dear All

In Digest 1561:

>discussed the ideal of
producing a Sarracenia Hybrid that was composed of all eight species.

What a damm fine idea!!

However, how far do you intend to go. Are you just going to use all eight
'standard' species or are you going to use the multitiude of different
colour/size and pitcher forms that are out there?

>A group of unknowledgeable field
collectors (the poacher types) pulled a bunch of plants from my bog
in Alablama early this summer.

You have my sympathies. Does this happen a lot in the U.S? What happens to the
poached plants?

>.. I was told by the government to destroy thousands of
S. oreophila seedlings that I was growing back in the 80's.

Sorry to be nosey but why would your government do that?

When do you presume that the project will be finished (and more
importantly,when will the SS plants be going on sale <grin>)?

John 'saving his pennies now' Wilden

Southport UK.