Seed wishlist :)

From: Chris Teichreb (cjteichr@sfu.ca)
Date: Tue Sep 01 1998 - 10:56:03 PDT

Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 10:56:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Teichreb <cjteichr@sfu.ca>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Seed wishlist :)

Hi all,

        The weather's so nice down in Vancouver right now, I'm getting the
growing bug again :)! Actually, I'm re-starting a terrarium for a
different look on my workspace this winter. All the other cp's I had in
it are winter hardy (for Vancouver, at least) and so will tough it out
outdoors! Plus, they had an aphid infestation, which appears to be gone
after spraying with Diazonon (as per Peter D'Amato's book recommendation
(great book, by the way!)), but the last thing I want is to have the
terrarium inside and an explosion of aphids. Anyways, my seed wishlist is
below. If you have extra, and are interested in trading, please e-mail me
and I'll let you know what I have. Free donations are always welcome to
this poor grad student too ;)! Happy growing to all.

        Seeds desired:

        Byblis liniflora

        Dionaea muscipula (a warning to anyone who's growing vft's outside
and hasn't already experienced this, squirrels _love_ vft bulbs. Nuff
said!)

        Pinguicula lusitanica

        Utricularia subulata or bisquamata (looking for something to
offset the white flower of my U.livida)

        Oh yeah, if you live in Canada, I'd be willing to trade plants
(esp terrestrial Utrics), although I don't have too much in terms of
'rare' stuff. Thanks!

Regards,

Chris

Chris Teichreb