Eight Dollar Mt. Fen

From: Sara A. Gardner (gardner@magick.net)
Date: Wed Aug 19 1998 - 21:22:05 PDT

Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 21:22:05 -0700
From: "Sara A. Gardner" <gardner@magick.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Eight Dollar Mt. Fen

Today's copy of the Grants Pass Daily Courier
had a summary of a plan by the U.S. Bureau of
Land Management to build a boardwalk
and a new trail at the Eight Dollar Mounain Wayside
area, about five miles north of Cave Junction, OR.

Many of you are familiar with this area, which is home
to several CPs, especially Darlingtonia.

According to the article, the area is being trampled
by too many visitors. The BLM is seeking public comment
on their plans, which have three options, ranging from
doing nothing to including handicapped access via a
boardwalk.

If anyone is interested in the article, which summarizes the
options and lists sources for the environmental impact statement,
send me your snail mail address and I will be glad to
send a copy.

Sara in Grants Pass, OR