RE: killing my D. capensis and binata

From: LaPedis, Ron (ron.lapedis@compaq.com)
Date: Tue Aug 18 1998 - 07:54:24 PDT

Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 09:54:24 -0500
From: "LaPedis, Ron" <ron.lapedis@compaq.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: killing my D. capensis and binata

I have a western-facing sunroom on the coast in Northern California and am
happily growing orchids of all varieties, sarracenia, highland nepenthes and
VFTs. Temps in the room run 50-90 with 47-80% humidity. All my CPs are in
trays with distilled water. All are growing like crazy escept the Drosera.

All of the Drosera (bought at the same time) stopped making glue and the
tips are burning back from the ends. I moved them out of the sun with no
positive result. I then moved some of them outdoors (55-70 degrees). The
capensis seem to be happier, but the wind broke the stems on the binata. I
am using shade cloth as a wind shield but I guess it isn't working. I am at
a loss how to raise these things. Suggestions?

Ron LaPedis