Re: other try!!!

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Wed Aug 12 1998 - 14:19:00 PDT

Date:    Wed, 12 Aug 98 17:19 EDT
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: other try!!!

Dear Paul,

> Does anyone know of any wild CP stands in mid GA? and how to get to
> them?

   I can't help you here.

> Also, I have a S. alata that has flowered and now has a seed pod
> forming. Any hints on letting the pod mature and go to seed? Will the
> seedlings germinate on their own in my bog?

   Yes, but you may find that you'll have better production, if you
start them babies inside. It also would help if you have experience
growing seedling Sarracenia too. (questions?)
   Oh, just let the seed pod go until it ripens. It will start losing
it's green color, then turn brown and finally split open. I figure
once it's mostly yellow-brown, it will be safe to harvest.

Dave E