Deformation in D.binata & D.regia

From: Erik van Zuilekom (9623426@rgo.sun.ac.za)
Date: Thu Aug 06 1998 - 04:42:44 PDT

Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 13:42:44 +0200
From: "Erik van Zuilekom" <9623426@rgo.sun.ac.za>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Deformation in D.binata & D.regia

Greetings all,

 Just before the onset of their dormant stage my D.binata seemingly
threw up a few deformed lamina. Immediately I searched for red spider
mite and the like, but to no avail. Then my D.regia's which were
vigorously persuing enlargement started following the same D.binata
lines, later it spread to my D.regia cuttings. Though no sign of any
insectoid pests!! Later the plants went dormant and of late (2-2,5
months later) are throwing up leaves again, though the D.binata
(&D.regia) still have the deformaties. What sets my mind buzzing is
that it is only amoungst the two species that the deformations are
found, even though in close contact with other likely vulnerable
species. Any help would be appreciated...

All the best,
   Erik
>>>**Erik van Zuilekom**<<< E-mail:9623426@rgo.sun.ac.za
117 Panorama Drive Phone: (027) 021 99-1807 Stellenryk 7530 Fax: (027)
021 99-8108 Cape Town, South Africa. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~