Re: Fish as food

From: Kris Kopicki (krisk@camtech.com.au)
Date: Sun Aug 02 1998 - 02:23:11 PDT

Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 18:53:11 +0930
From: Kris Kopicki <krisk@camtech.com.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Fish as food

> Hello CPers! I have another question. Would there be any negative
> points to feeding my sarr. Purpurea purpurea goldfish? I have access
> some goldfish, well feeder fish that have recently died (within a
couple
> hours or two) from a local pet store. Would this be bad for the
plant,
> or create an unpleasent smell? How thoroughly would the plant digest
> gold fish? Would only the bones be left? Thanks in advance.

Mike,

While the plants will quite happily digest the fish, I think you find
they won't react to favourably to the large quantity of nutrients in
their diet, since the plants staple diet consisted mainly of insects. Of
course the odd frog has been known to be caught, but this would not
happen on a regular basis.

kris