Re: My terrarium.

From: steve gordon (gordon@rapid.co.uk)
Date: Sun Jul 26 1998 - 10:41:36 PDT

Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 18:41:36 +0100
From: "steve gordon" <gordon@rapid.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: My terrarium.

Hi Dori,

You do not say how big your terrarium is, but 2800 lumens is not enough for
sustained growth of your VFT's or much else for that matter.

Another thing you need to consider is the distance from the light.
Artificial light is subject to what is know as the 'Inverse Square Law ';
this law of physics says that the light energy available is in inverse
proportion to the distance it has travelled or to put it in layman's terms
[and that includes me ] if you double the distance of an object from a light
source you will quarter the amout of light received, if it is four times
away it receives a sixteenth and so on.

In view of the low initial light output, and guessing on the size of your
`relatively large terrarium`, I'd say your plants could do with a lot more
light.

Apart from that, did you ever let your VFT go dormant?!

Hope this helps.

Steve, UK