Pinguicula immaculata

From: Nicholas Plummer (nplummer@duke.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 26 1998 - 05:45:51 PDT

Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 07:45:51 -0500
From: Nicholas Plummer <nplummer@duke.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Pinguicula immaculata

I just received some small Pinguicula immaculata plants, and I'm
looking for cultural information. Rick Walker lists it as a tropical
homophyllous species, but my plants look pretty weird for a homophyllous
species. Right now, they consist of tight rosettes of tiny pointed
leaves held vertically. The leaves look succulent and do not seem to be
glandular. Some of the appearence might be due to dessication in the
mail, but to my eye, the plants look like the winter rosette of a
heterophyllous species.

For want of more detailed cultural information, I've potted the plants
in a mix of perlite, sand, and peat (heavy on the perlite, light on the
peat) amd put them in my Ping terrarium. Does P. immaculata have any
special requirements?

cheers,
       Nick

p.s. Thanks to everyone who answered my question about short-lived P.
primuliflora. This year's pups are doing fine on their standard
long-fiber sphagnum. Hopefully they'll live longer than the mother
plant.

Nicholas Plummer
nplummer@duke.edu
http://www.duke.edu/~nplummer/